Data centre operators and managers are well aware of the pressing need for improved energy efficiency. With the sector responsible for approximately 1% of global electricity consumption, data centres are highly susceptible to fluctuations in energy costs, making energy efficiency a top priority.
Furthermore, governments worldwide are actively seeking opportunities to reduce fossil fuel usage and decrease greenhouse gas emissions, leading to increased scrutiny of energy-intensive industries like data centres.
While around 60% of a data centre’s energy requirements are attributed to its IT infrastructure, the remaining 40% primarily stems from cooling and air-conditioning systems. This presents significant energy-saving potential. Although energy-efficient equipment can address some energy reduction opportunities, efficient management of cooling systems offers additional efficiency gains.
The Importance of Sensor Requirements in Data Centers
In the dynamic landscape of data centres, monitoring and controlling environmental variables are important. Advanced sensor technologies play a pivotal role in achieving desired performance and efficiency levels. These sensors collect real-time data, enabling data centre operators to make informed decisions and maintain optimal operating conditions. However, effectively managing vast amounts of data and implementing suitable solutions can present challenges.
Efficient temperature and humidity control are essential for optimal IT infrastructure operation. Given the criticality and value of the data and processes handled by these systems, data centres strive to achieve near 100% uptime, allowing for only minimal annual downtime.
Humidity also significantly impacts IT equipment. Low humidity levels increase the risk of static electricity, requiring the use of spray or evaporative humidifiers. Conversely, high humidity levels can lead to condensation and equipment corrosion.
Different humidity measurement types are employed depending on the location and application. Relative humidity and dew point are measured in rooms, spaces, ducts, and outdoor environments. Wet bulb temperatures are essential for cooling towers and evaporative humidifiers, while enthalpy sensors support airside economisers.
Introducing Data Clean’s Airflow Management Solutions
Data Clean provides Airflow Management Solutions designed to enhance temperature control within data centres. By combining cutting-edge technologies and industry expertise, we provide tailored solutions that optimise airflow, mitigate hotspots, and ensure uniform cooling throughout the facility.
Investing in accurate and stable measurement systems is a small cost compared to the value of the systems and information housed within data centres. Coupled with the financial and environmental costs of energy inefficiency, the case for a comprehensive monitoring and control system utilising accurate and reliable sensors becomes compelling.
Data Clean is a trusted partner for businesses seeking professional and reliable solutions for data centre temperature management. With our expertise in controlled environment services, we understand the unique challenges faced by data centres. Our tailored Airflow Management Solutions help you optimise temperature control, reduce energy consumption, and ensure the reliability of your critical operations.
By leveraging advanced sensor technologies and industry best practices, Data Clean ensures that your data centre operates at peak efficiency, providing the ideal environment for your IT infrastructure. Our team works closely with you to develop customised airflow management strategies that align with your specific requirements and objectives.
Contact us today to learn more about how Data Clean’s Airflow Management Solutions can help you maintain an optimal and efficient data centre environment.